Fremantle Netball Association’s winter competition is the premier netball competition in Fremantle and its surrounds, where nearly thirty Clubs enter teams into divisions across all age groups and skill levels, including NetSetGO, Juniors, Seniors, and No Limits. In the 2022 season, nearly 250 matches were played each Saturday of the season, with over 450 teams competing in nearly 80 divisions.
Games in the winter competition are typically played between April and September annually, however Clubs will generally start their registration period, team selections, and pre-season training earlier than this.
- Community-based Clubs will often have their registration period between December and January, with team selections taking place in February and March, and pre-season training commencing in March or April.
- School-based Clubs will typically undertake their registrations and preparation in alignment with school terms, generally through Term 1 to prepare for the start of the competition.
To participate in the winter competition, players will need to join an affiliated Club during their registration period and be placed into a team. Clubs then nominate teams into the FNA competition. To find out more about FNA’s Clubs, head to our Clubs page.
The NetSetGO competition (ages 7 to 10) is run alongside the Junior and Senior competitions, and players in this competition need to be part of an affiliated Club to participate. This does not always align with the school term, so please check in with your local Club early if you would like to join them to avoid missing out.
Want to learn more about our winter competition?
- FNA’s Clubs
- Season Dates
- Competition Handbook
- Codes of Behaviour
- Player Pathway – learn more about netball in the State
- NetSetGO Set & Go Competition rules (ages 7 to 10)
- NetSetGO Net program (non-competition, skills-based program, ages 5 to 7)
- Court Map – Frank Gibson Park